Please note: email messages are not secure. Please refrain from entering personal, confidential information in the message, such as your social security or account numbers. Thank you.
Concord, NH – August 25, 2014 – The Merrimack is pleased to recognize Karen Currier, Quality Control Specialist for Mortgage Loans, of Salisbury, NH, with its Employee STAR of the Month award for July 2014. Merrimack STAR awards are peer-nominated and distributed monthly. Currier was recognized for her exceptional team contribution, dedication and flexibility.
One of the 12 monthly prizewinners will go on to win the Annual STAR Award which includes a paid vacation day and cash prize. “It is very rewarding to surprise and celebrate our STAR employees each month,” said Paul C. Rizzi, Jr. President and CEO, Merrimack County Savings Bank. Rizzi continued, “I was impressed by the sheer volume of comments about Karen. It is apparent how valued she is on our mortgage department team.” Rizzi read from the submissions: ‘Karen is a true team player. She strives to make sure that everyone has the proper training, and will go over items individually to ensure a better understanding of the whole picture. She is always courteous and always smiling. She is a pleasure to work with..’”
About The Merrimack STAR Awards
Originally developed in 1997, ‘STAR’ referred to “Standards to Achieve Results”. Today, the term ‘STAR’ has evolved to define exceptional employees, nominated by their peers, who are considerate, work well with everyone and make a habit of ‘going the extra mile’.
STARs are monthly, peer-nominated performance awards given to Merrimack employees, chosen by Merrimack employees. From the monthly winners, a STAR of the Year is selected and announced at the annual company dinner. STAR recipients are employees who most embody Merrimack Style,which includes:
- Delivering excellent value at a fair price.
- Respecting customers and striving to develop lasting relationships based on personal service and mutual trust.
- Accepting responsibility for actions.
- Adhering to unquestioned honesty and integrity, while remaining prudent stewards of customers’ money.
- Providing stability and reliability in the marketplace over the long term.
- Delivering community leadership and support as a good corporate citizens.
- Treating peers with dignity and respect, while nurturing their personal and professional growth.