Please note: email messages are not secure. Please refrain from entering personal, confidential information in the message, such as your social security or account numbers. Thank you.
Concord, NH – June 19, 2014 – The Merrimack is pleased to recognize Beth Hurd of Nashua, Vice President, Credit Administration, with its Employee STAR of the Year award. Beth was previously awarded with a STAR of the Month award in October 2013. The STAR of the Year was determined by company-wide vote from the current year’s list of 12 nominees, who were all peer-nominated. Beth was recognized for her meticulous work in the bank and generosity outside the bank. She leads by example, encouraging others to grow and be the best they can be. This was the second annual award distributed under The Merrimack’s updated employee STAR program.
As the STAR of the Year award winner, Beth received a paid vacation day and cash prize. “It overwhelming and such a surprise to receive this award!” said Beth. “I am humbled by all of the wonderful comments and feel incredibly honored.” Paul C. Rizzi, Jr., President and CEO of Merrimack County Savings Bank, presented Beth with the Award earlier this month. Paul read a few examples from the many comments supplied by her peers: “Beth is very humble and seldom talks about herself. She is always the first person to do what she can to help others. She always puts others first here in our organization and dedicates the little free time she has on the board at Bridges, the not-for-profit organization against domestic violence in Nashua.”
About The Merrimack STAR Awards
Originally developed in 1997, ‘STAR’ referred to “Standards to Achieve Results”. Today, the term ‘STAR’ has evolved to define exceptional employees, nominated by their peers, who are considerate, work well with everyone and make a habit of ‘going the extra mile’.
STARs are monthly, peer-nominated performance awards given to Merrimack employees, chosen by Merrimack employees. From the monthly winners, a STAR of the Year is selected and announced at the annual company dinner. STAR recipients are employees who most embody Merrimack Style,which includes:
- Delivering excellent value at a fair price.
- Respecting customers and striving to develop lasting relationships based on personal service and mutual trust.
- Accepting responsibility for actions.
- Adhering to unquestioned honesty and integrity, while remaining prudent stewards of customers’ money.
- Providing stability and reliability in the marketplace over the long term.
- Delivering community leadership and support as a good corporate citizens.
- Treating peers with dignity and respect, while nurturing their personal and professional growth.