Please note: email messages are not secure. Please refrain from entering personal, confidential information in the message, such as your social security or account numbers. Thank you.
Concord, NH – May 30, 2014 – The Merrimack is pleased to recognize Karen Sanborn with its Employee STAR of the Month award for March 2014. Karen Sanborn of Weare, NH, is a Loan Servicer located at 89 North Main Street in Concord, NH. Merrimack STAR awards are peer-nominated and distributed monthly. Karen was recognized for her attention to detail, flexibility and positive spirit.
One of the 12 monthly prizewinners will go on to win the Annual STAR Award which includes a paid vacation day and cash prize. “The entire Loan Servicing department was on board to surprise Karen,” said Paul C. Rizzi, Jr., President and CEO of Merrimack County Savings Bank. Paul continued, “Karen’s peers were elated for the recognition she received for her selflessness and flexibility these past several months. It was clear from their expressions that she is very much appreciated and regarded as essential to the department and Bank as a whole.” Paul proceeded to read from several of the peer-submitted comments about Karen: “Karen is always willing to go the extra mile and is never too busy to help a person in need. Karen has been flexible, regularly doing work that is beyond her normal scope of responsibilities. Her warmth and friendliness makes Karen approachable as well as a pleasure to work with.”
About The Merrimack STAR Awards
Originally developed in 1997, ‘STAR’ referred to “Standards to Achieve Results”. Today, the term ‘STAR’ has evolved to define exceptional employees, nominated by their peers, who are considerate, work well with everyone and make a habit of ‘going the extra mile’.
STARs are monthly, peer-nominated performance awards given to Merrimack employees, chosen by Merrimack employees. From the monthly winners, a STAR of the Year is selected and announced at the annual company dinner. STAR recipients are employees who most embody Merrimack Style,which includes:
- Delivering excellent value at a fair price.
- Respecting customers and striving to develop lasting relationships based on personal service and mutual trust.
- Accepting responsibility for actions.
- Adhering to unquestioned honesty and integrity, while remaining prudent stewards of customers’ money.
- Providing stability and reliability in the marketplace over the long term.
- Delivering community leadership and support as a good corporate citizens.
- Treating peers with dignity and respect, while nurturing their personal and professional growth.