Please note: email messages are not secure. Please refrain from entering personal, confidential information in the message, such as your social security or account numbers. Thank you.
Concord, NH – March 11, 2014 – The Merrimack is pleased to recognize Maria Del Mar with its Employee STAR of the Month award for January 2014. Acebron, of Bow, NH, is Senior Teller at Merrimack’s 190 North Main Street branch in Concord. Merrimack STAR awards are peer-nominated and distributed monthly. Maria was recognized for her community leadership, indispensability and dedication to customers.
One of the 12 monthly prizewinners will go on to win the Annual STAR Award which includes a paid vacation day and cash prize. “It was great surprising Maria,” said Paul C. Rizzi, Jr., President and CEO of Merrimack County Savings Bank. Paul continued, “It was especially encouraging to see everyone at the branch – from commercial loan officers to tellers coming out in support of Maria.” Paul proceeded to read from several of the peer-submitted comments about Maria: “Maria exudes Merrimack Style. She delivers excellence and treats everyone with respect. Maria was also elected to the Board of Directors of Second Start. Maria is a Second Start success story herself, having joined the program shortly after moving to the States. Maria’s story is one of perseverance and a positive, can-do attitude.”
About The Merrimack STAR Awards
Originally developed in 1997, ‘STAR’ referred to “Standards to Achieve Results”. Today, the term ‘STAR’ has evolved to define exceptional employees, nominated by their peers, who are considerate, work well with everyone and make a habit of ‘going the extra mile’.
STARs are monthly, peer-nominated performance awards given to Merrimack employees, chosen by Merrimack employees. From the monthly winners, a STAR of the Year is selected and announced at the annual company dinner. STAR recipients are employees who most embody Merrimack Style,which includes:
- Delivering excellent value at a fair price.
- Respecting customers and striving to develop lasting relationships based on personal service and mutual trust.
- Accepting responsibility for actions.
- Adhering to unquestioned honesty and integrity, while remaining prudent stewards of customers’ money.
- Providing stability and reliability in the marketplace over the long term.
- Delivering community leadership and support as a good corporate citizens.
- Treating peers with dignity and respect, while nurturing their personal and professional growth.